8x8 has no affiliation with any sites where previous versions of Chrome can be obtained. Finding a secure site to download from is the responsibility of the end user.
Searching online will show sites where previous versions of Chrome can be obtained. When you have found a site to use, proceed with caution and ensure you have adequate security in place.
This issue has since been resolved with the release of Google's recent update to 75.0.3770.90. Any changes made to block updates should be reverted, and the browser should now be updated to version 75.0.3770.90.
ContactNow, Windows, Google Chrome Version 75 and higher
To get the official process to achieve this from Google Support, click here.
Alternatively, you can follow the below process.
Disabling Chrome Update
You will need Administrator privileges to be able to do this.
- Open 'run as administrator' - this can be easily opened by searching for run from the start menu.
- Type 'msconfig' in the text field within run then click OK.
- A new window will pop called System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab and scroll down to Google Update Service (gupdate) & Google Update Service (gupdatem). Useful tip: check the 'Hide all Microsoft services' box to filter out some services.
- Uncheck both Google Update Service (gupdate) & Google Update Service (gupdatem).
- Click OK. You will be prompted to 'Restart' your computer or 'Exit without restart'. Ideally, you should restart your computer so changes take effect properly.
Previous Version of Chrome
- Uninstall your current latest version of Chrome. If you have any important bookmarks, passwords, or browsing history please ensure these are saved externally.
- Download a previous version of Chrome. The latest version of Chrome at the time this article was written is Version 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build).
- Install the newly downloaded version of Chrome (V74 or lower).
- Click Options > Help > About Google Chrome
- Allow Chrome to run its update scanner. It will throw an error stating that it could not update properly.
It is important to change these settings back once the issue has been resolved and the need to use a higher version of Chrome again.