How to Disable Click to Dial in Salesforce Integration Dialer
Click to Dial functionality is enabled by default in the ContactNow Salesforce integration dialer.
We'll quickly show you how to disable this feature so that clicking phone numbers will not initiate an outbound call through ContactNow.
Note: You must have Administrator access to your Salesforce account to perform this operation.
ContactNow, Salesforce integration dialer, Click to Dial
This procedure works for both Classic and Lightning modes. You will only need to perform this operation once, since both modes use the same call centers.
- Log in to Salesforce as an Administrator
- Click Setup.
- Search for Call Centers and click on the Call Centers link.
- Click Edit to modify the 8x8 ContactNow call center.
- In ContactNow settings > enable ClickToDial, clear the field and enter false (in lower case, only!)
- Click Save to complete the process.
The effect is immediate. Any agent currently logged in to Salesforce and the ContactNow dialer should only need to refresh their Salesforce browser tab.