This document assumes that you’ve already followed the ContactNow: Installing the Salesforce Dialer Integration guide, and have added users to your 8x8 ContactNow call center.
To configure the dialer integration for Salesforce Lightning
- In Salesforce Classic mode, click Setup in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the Quick Find field at the left, search for call centers and click that entry.
- Click the call center named 8x8 ContactNow.
- Verify that the Compatibility mode with Classic variable is assigned one of two Lightning options: Lightning or Classic_and_Lightning. This controls which Salesforce mode the ContactNow integration will be available in for users.
Navigate to Lightning Mode and Configure the Application
- At the top of the page, click Switch to Lightning Experience. Note: You can also click the user name at the top of the page and select Switch to Lightning Experience.
- At the top-right of the Lightning Experience page, click the gear icon and select Setup.
- In the Quick Find field, search for App Manager and click the App Manager link.
- Look in the APP NAME column for Sales that has Lightning (APP TYPE column) in the same row.
- Click the drop-down arrow at the far right in that row, and select Edit.
- Now you’ll see the Lightning App Builder, with the APP SETTINGS column on the left.
- Click Utility Bar at the left.
- Next to Utility Bar Items, click Add.
- Search for or scroll down to Open CTI Softphone and click to select it. Note: Do not change any of the settings.
- Click Save.
- Click Back to exit the Lightning App Builder.
- Click the App Launcher grid icon.
- In the App Launcher, locate and select the Sales application. The screen will change, showing everything that is available to the user in the Sales application, including the ContactNow Phone.
- If the Phone icon doesn’t appear in the Utility Bar at the bottom-left of the screen, refresh the web page.
- Click Phone to expand the ContactNow dialer.
- At this point the user can log in to ContactNow using their agent credentials.
The functionality of the ContactNow dialer is exactly the same in Lightning mode as it is in Classic mode.