The Allocate DID feature allows you to obtain toll-free numbers for use with your US ContactNow service.
Note that local US phone numbers are not available through this interface. To obtain a local phone number for your ContactNow service, please contact your sales representative or 8x8 Support.
Choose Your New Numbers
US toll-free phone numbers can be selected for your use before or after creating call queues, and can be assigned to call queues and reassigned at any time.
- First, simply navigate to Configuration > Allocate DID in the administrator interface.
- Note: The Allocate DID page also displays a list of numbers you have already allocated.
- In the Prefix section, click on the Name dropdown menu and select Freephone. A toll-free phone number will appear in the Number dropdown menu.
Currently there is a service bug which does not allow for any other method of number selection.
- If you select a different phone number than the one offered, you'll receive an error message when you click Next.
- If this happens, navigate away from the Allocate DID page and return to it. Then follow the instructions from step 1, again.
Our engineers are working to resolve this issue.
- Click Next. You can safely ignore all other information on this page.
- On the next page, verify that your cost is $0, then click Confirm.
You'll be returned to the original Allocate DID page with a confirmation. Your new phone number will appear in the list at the right, and will be marked as Unassigned.
To assign a phone number to a call queue, follow the instructions below.
Assign a phone number to a call queue
At this point, you can edit your desired call queue and assign your phone number to that queue.
Generally this operation is for inbound call queues, although you can assign phone numbers to an outbound queue as well.
- To do this, navigate to Configuration > Agents, Teams & Queues > Queues.
- Find the queue you are assigning a phone number to, then click on the gear icon at the far right and select Edit.
- On the Basics tab, click on the Inbound Numbers drop-down menu and select one or more phone numbers to assign to the queue. Use the standard Ctrl+Mouse click to select or de-select phone numbers.
- Click Update to complete the process.
Any numbers you assign should now reach your call queue when dialed.