Manage Tags in ContactNow
Like outcomes, tags are selected by an agent as part of the disposition process in the ContactNow dialer.
Tags simply provide an additional level of reporting information for each call, if the service administrator needs that extra level of information. Administrators can then see an analysis of calls containing tags, and filter them in Analytics > Calls > Tags.
This article will show you how to enable, create, and use tags.
Administrators enable or disable tags on their service, and can make them required (or not) for the agent to use during call disposition.
- To enable tags, navigate to Configuration > System setup > Global Agent Options
- In Enable tags, click Yes. This will also make the Tags are mandatory option appear.
- If you wish to force agents to select a tag during a disposition, set Tags are mandatory to Yes.
- Scroll down and click Save.
To create new tags or edit existing ones:
- Navigate to Configuration > Outcomes and Tags, and click on the Tags tab.
- Note: The Default tag is already created. This is a system place-holder which cannot be disabled, hidden, or removed.
- Click Add Tag.
- In the Tag form window, enter the name of your tag into the Description field.
- This label will appear in the ContactNow dialer when an agent dispositions a call.
- Click on the Assign Campaign drop-down and select one or more campaigns to assign the tag to.
- Using Ctrl+mouse click allows you to select or deselect multiple campaigns, if you have more than one listed.
- If needed, you can edit your tag later to change the campaign assignments, or to disable the tag.
- Click Save changes to create your new tag.
You should now see your new tag in the tag list, along with a confirmation notice.
Your tags will appear for all agents assigned to call queues in the specific campaigns that your tag is assigned to.
Existing tags can be edited to:
- Change the label.
- Enable or disable (display or hide them from agents).
- Change the tag's campaign assignment.
- Delete the tag entirely.
To Edit a Tag:
- From Configuration > Outcomes and Tags > Tags, click on the gear icon of the tag you're changing, and select Edit.
- Make your desired changes, and click on Save changes.
You should now see your tag changes in the tag list, along with a confirmation notice.
To Delete a Tag:
- From Configuration > Outcomes and Tags > Tags, click on the gear icon of the tag you're changing, and select Delete.
- Click Confirm to delete the tag. This will remove it from the Tag list, and from agent view if it was enabled.
Note that agents would need to log out and back in to the dialer for the change to be active for those agents.
How it Works
While on a call or in disposition phase after a call has ended, the agent can click on the "tag" icon and select one or more tags created by their administrator.
They would then click on the "check mark" icon, select a disposition code, and click Disposition to complete the call.
Note: The Default tag is a system place-holder which cannot be disabled, hidden, or removed.