Agent Login Error in ContactNow
When an agent attempts to log in to the ContactNow phone service using their Agent Number and Passcode, they receive the error: "That agent is already logged on."
This applies to ContactNow agent phone login, using any method listed in the ContactNow phone Connect to Dialer area. (see below)
This error occurs when the agent's Agent Number and Passcode have already been used to log in to the ContactNow phone service.
There are several probable root causes and solutions for this:
- The agent is still logged in from a previous session
- The agent is attempting to use the wrong Agent Number and Passcode
- The agent has logged in using the wrong Agent Number and Passcode
The agent is still logged in from a previous session
The ContactNow service administrator should verify whether or not the agent is currently logged in. If so, they can force that agent ID to be logged out.
- In the administrative interface, click on the Status icon to display the Status page.
- If the agent is listed under Agent Status, then they are already logged in.
- If the agent is logged in already, click on the agent's name.
- In the popout browser tab, click on Actions.
- Click Force Logout and then OK to confirm you want to log this agent out.
- Finally, have the agent attempt to log back in to the ContactNow phone, using their appropriate credentials.
The agent is attempting to use the wrong Agent Number and Passcode
The agent may simply be trying to log in using the wrong Agent Number. Verify the Agent Number and Passcode:
- In the Connect to Dialer section of the ContactNow phone, select an available option, click on Connect, and review the Agent Number and Passcode.
- The agent should attempt to log in again. If login still fails, the service administrator must try the next solution, below.
The agent has logged in using the wrong Agent Number and Passcode
If neither of the above solutions is valid, then the agent has probably incorrectly logged in using the Agent Number and Passcode of another user.
If the agent's Agent Number and Passcode are not assigned to your ContactNow service (making another user visible as logged in on the Status page), then they may have logged in as a user on another ContactNow service.
In this case you must contact 8x8 Contact Center Support directly or open a new case to have this issue investigated and resolved.