Salesforce CRM Sync Problems in ContactNow
You are having trouble setting up the CRM sync to keep data up to date in ContactNow and your Salesforce account; or the sync process has stopped working.
There are multiple versions of Salesforce, each with a different set of features.
The ContactNow CRM sync requires your version of Salesforce to include Integration via web service API. If you know which version of Salesforce you are using, you can view it on the pricing page on the Salesforce website to check that Integration via web service API is available in your Salesforce edition. (For both Sales Cloud and Service Cloud, this is Enterprise and above.)
Log in to your Salesforce account to check that you have the correct email address and password. If you have lost your password or it has expired, you can reset it on the Salesforce website.
If you change your password, you will need to generate a new API token. (See API Token tab.)
A Salesforce Security Token allows ContactNow access to your account data in a secure way. If you do not have a Security Token, or if you have changed your password, you will need to generate a new Security Token. Log in to your Salesforce account and follow this guide to create one.
Your user account in Salesforce will have a profile assigned to it. The permissions defined in the profile dictate what you can and cannot do in Salesforce.
In order for ContactNow to work with your Salesforce account, there are two permissions that your user account needs to have enabled:
- API Enabled - This allows your account to issue calls and receive the results. We use these APIs to set up and run the CRM sync process.
- Modify All Data - This allows your account to make changes to data in your Salesforce account. We use this to sync changes made in ContactNow into your customer data. You can read more about this permission on the Salesforce website.
Check which profile is assigned to your Salesforce user account and make sure that both of the required permissions are enabled. If they are not available, you will need to change to a different profile or edit your current profile so that the required permissions are enabled.
CRM sync issues can be caused by any of the following:
- The edition of Salesforce you are using
- Wrong Salesforce login information
- Invalid Salesforce Security Token
- Insufficient Salesforce user permissions