8x8 Contact Center calls are going to voicemail instead of going to the next available agent.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Contact Center Configuration Manager
- 8x8 Agent Console with agents using Virtual Office phones
Change the VO phone extension Call Forwarding Forward to Voicemail Delay to more than the 8x8 Contact Center Agents' Interaction offer timeout. We recommend at least 10 seconds greater than the Interaction offer timeout in Contact Center.
- Interaction offer timeout = 25
- Account Manager ... Call Forwarding Delay = 35
Check the Interaction Offer Timeout in Contact Center Configuration Manager
- Log in to Contact Center Configuration Manager.
- Select Users/Agents. The agent list is displayed.
- Double click an agent’s name to see the Edit Agent dialog.
- Select the Properties tab.
- Adjust the Interaction offer timeout to 25. Note: The value is in seconds.
Check the Virtual Office phone Call Forwarding Delay
Account Manager Users
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Home.
- Go to Phone System then Extensions.
- Locate the extension for the agent and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the Call Forwarding section and expand that section.
- Adjust the Call Forwarding Delay to 35. Note: The value is in seconds.
Configuration Manager Users
- Log in to Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
- Select Users.
- Click Edit (pencil icon).
- Select Call Forwarding.
- Edit the rules to set the Delay to 35.
Agent's VO Call Forwarding Forward to Voicemail Delay is less than the Agent Interaction offer timeout. This causes the phone's voicemail to pick up the call before it can forward the call to the next available Agent.