Thresholds alert you in the event of potential or actual slips in performance. You can set up audio and visual alerts, and vary the alert type based on the severity of the situation. For example, you can set up a threshold alert to monitor the service levels of your contact center. If the performance of a skill or queue falls below the set Service Level Agreement (SLA), you set up an alert so you can look at the activity level of agents belonging to the queue, identify areas for improvement, and act quickly to recover. You can also set up a threshold to monitor the waiting time for interactions. If the waiting time in a queue exceeds a certain time, the threshold alert can trigger. You can define thresholds for each media type and configure custom thresholds for each skill.
- 8x8 Contact Center
To define threshold for inbound phone media:
- From the Configuration Menu, open Wallboard.
- Click to edit an existing wallboard.
- Go to the Threshold tab.
- Select a media type, such as Inbound Phone.
- Select a Field Name.
- To specify a threshold value, enter the required parameters and arguments.
- Select a color from the color chart to highlight a breached threshold.
- Specify an alert sound pattern.
- Click Save.
- Under the Queues tab, select which queues to include from the Assigned column.
- Click Save.
- Under the URL tab copy the URL. This is the URL that will display the wallboard in a browser.