Enable 8x8 Contact Center agents to use Agent Workspace.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Agent Workspace
- Log in to the 8x8 Contact Center Configuration Manager.
- If you want to have all of your agents use Agent Workspace, or allow them to choose to use Agent Workspace, you can change the setting for Agent Experience on the Profile tab of the Home section and save it.
- If you want to change the settings for an agent group, go to Agent Groups.
- Select the agent group you want to have access to Agent Workspace.
- Select the setting you want for the agent group and save it.
- If you want to change the setting for individual agents, go to the users General section and change their Agent Experience setting.
Admins can choose to set up their entire tenant, agent groups or individual agents to use Agent Workspace. They can also allow their tenant, agent groups or their agents to switch between Agent Workspace and Agent Console themselves or they can dictate which agent interface their agents use.
The default setting for the tenants, agent groups and agents will be to continue to only have access to Agent Console (the existing agent interface). An admin will have to change the setting for the tenant, agent groups or agents to allow agents to use Agent Workspace. The settings do not need to match but settings at the agent level override settings at the agent group level which override settings at the tenant level.
If you have never manually set Agent Experience for agent groups or agents when you set it for the tenant it will set it for the agent groups and agents. Similarly if you haven't manually set any agents agent group will set it for all agents in the group. However once you have manually set an agent group or an agent that setting will stay until you manually change it.