Create a custom dial plan in Contact Center
- Contact Center
- Login to Virtual Contact Center Config Mgr
- Open Home
- Go to the Dial Plans tab
- Click "+" to add a new dial plan
- In the Add new Dial Plan window, enter the following information for each rule you wish to include:
- Dial Plan Name : Enter a name for the new dial plan.
- Dialed String Match Pattern: Define a calling number pattern to apply the dial plan using regular expressions. A regular expression provides a concise and flexible means for matching strings of text, or patterns of characters. Most commonly used regular expressions are:
- ^ - Matches the starting position of the string.
- . - Matches any single character.
- * - Matches the preceding element 0 or more times.
- $ - Matches the ending position of the string.
- [ ] - Matches a single character contained within the brackets. For example, [2-9] specifies any digit from 2 through 9.
- ( ) - A marked sub-expression within which you define a string to match.
- For example, the pattern ^([2-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9])$ defines a 7-digit sequence where the first digit is not 0 or 1.
- Note: Defining a dial plan requires sound knowledge of regular expressions.
Rewrite Translation: Define the treatment for the number that matches the specified calling number pattern. For example, the pattern ^([2-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9])$ and treatment 1650$1 prepends a 7-digit input with "1650". $1 represents pattern within the (). If you input 5551212, the treatment converts the number to 16505551212.
Rule Comment: Gives a brief description of the treatment received by the rule.
Drag and drop the rules once created to change the order.
(Optional, but recommended) Enter a sequence of digits and click Test to validate the calling number patterns and treatments you have defined. The first matched rules shows a tick to indicate a match.