Selected X Series users using 8x8 Contact Center services can now enable their 8x8 Work extension to be dedicated to 8x8 Contact Center. This feature is currently in limited availability. Previously, you had to limit a user to a dedicated VCC extension using a locked down desk phone or by assigning two separate extensions—one for 8x8 Work and another extension dedicated to VCC. In this release, we are introducing the ability to dedicate an8x8 Work extension to 8x8 Contact Center calls. Agents who are dedicated to handling call traffic pertaining to the contact center will not be interrupted by any other call traffic. This dedicated VCC extension only offers inbound queued calls or direct agent calls from the contact center. Agents can use the 8x8 Work for Desktopapp or a desk phone to handle these calls.
- Admin Console 1.25.5
- Dedicated extension
Enable a user with a dedicated VCC extension
- Log into 8x8 Admin Console.
- Select Users from the menu.
- From the list of the users, select a user assigned with an 8x8 Work extension
Note: You must select a user assigned to a VCC-enabled site.
- Click and select Enable as dedicated VCC extension from the available options
At the prompt that alerts you about the implications of this action, click Continue.
The selected user will be enabled with a dedicated VCC extension. The user can then use the extension to handle 8x8 Contact Center calls with a desk phone or the 8x8 Work for Desktop app
From the application panel, navigate to 8x8 Configuration Manager.
- Go to Users from the menu and notice that enabling a user with a VCC dedicated extension has created a new user in 8x8 Contact Center. You are now ready to configure the agent.
- From the menu, go to Channels, and notice a new channel now appears on the list. This is the phone number assigned to the user in 8x8 Admin Console.
Limitations and known issues
- After enabling a dedicated VCC extension for a user, the following settings are locked and cannot be changed:
- Phone number
- Extension Number
To change any of the above settings, the admin must first disable the dedicated VCC extension, make the changes, then re-enable. This results in the agent being deleted and re-created in 8x8 Configuration Manager, they would then need to have their settings re-configured, be re-added to agent groups/ queues and their agent script re-linked.
- The action to enable a dedicated VCC extension is enabled even if a user is in a site that is not VCC-enabled. The attempt fails but shows an error message prompting you to retry. Please note that the user must be assigned to a site that is VCC enabled to complete the action successfully.