To configure Contact Center Configuration Manager to send voicemails as WAV file attachments directly to an email address. With this setup, agents do not have to retrieve voicemails from a queue. Contact Center Configuration Manager can also be made to automatically remove voicemails from a queue.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Contact Center Configuration Manager
- Voicemail Queues
- Log into Contact Center Configuration Manager.
- From the Configuration Menu, open Queues/Skills.
- Click Edit (pencil icon).
- Go to the Notification tab.
- Select Enabled to enable the notification.
- Specify the Email Address(es) to which voicemail attachments must be sent.
- Check Delete from queue to delete the voicemail from the voicemail queue after sending the email attachments.
- Click Save. With this step, the configuration of a voicemail queue is complete.
When selecting Delete from queue, the call flow will by-pass the voicemail queue, and these interactions are not captured in reports.
For more information, see the online documentation.