8x8 Contact Center's Agent Console allows you to record up to ten voice recordings and play them during an inbound or outbound call. When you place an outbound call and reach voicemail, you can choose to play your pre-recorded message, such as a campaign message, and hang up. The application plays the voice recording and terminates the call. If you have direct agent access, you can record a personal voicemail greeting to be played to callers.
- 8x8 Agent Console
To record a message:
- From the Control Panel, select Menu > My Recording. Agent Console displays the Voice Pre-Recordings panel.
- Click New Recording.
- Enter the following information:
- Name: identify the voice message in the Name entry area.
- Description: to state the purpose of the message in the Description entry area.
- Text: to write the script of the message.
- Select Enabled to play this message during a call.
- Click Record a Message.
A dialog box appears indicating the following steps to record a voice message:
- Click Record and say your message.
- Click Stop Recording to end the recording. The recorded message is played to you. If you are not satisfied with the recording, you can re-record the message by clicking Record or by pressing 1 on your phone keypad.
- Hang up the phone and click Close to close the pop-up dialog box.
- Click Save.
A list of voice recordings appears.