How to dial using digit tones
- Contact Center
- Agent Console
During a phone call in 8x8 Contact Center, agents may encounter problems communicating digit tones to an IVR system using the telephone key pad. For example, during an outbound call, an agent inputs an account number in response to an IVR system prompt; the account number may be conveyed incorrectly due to digit audio leakage during transmission among diverse networks. Keyboard dialing provides an alternative mechanism to counteract this issue.
You can use the keyboard or the Dial Pad for digit tone dialing. The Dial Pad enables you to change digit tone duration. When an agent accepts a phone call, the Options menu gets activated in the Control Panel. The Options drop-down menu includes the Dial Pad feature.
This feature supports two types of digit tones: short tone, and long tone.
- To change the digit tone duration, click Options, and select Dial Pad from the drop-down menu or press CTRL+ X to bring up the Dial Pad.
2. Select the long tone check box (clear the check box to switch back to short tone).
Keyboard dialing has the following limitations:
- Not readily available when call is muted.
- Not supported for 8x8 Contact Center CTI Connect for Salesforce.
- Not supported for recording personal greetings during verification calls.