How to change the workplace number in the Agent Console.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- 8x8 Agent Console
8x8 Contact Center allows you to use a hard phone, a cell phone, or a soft phone to process contact center interactions.
- Log in to the 8x8 Agent Console.
- Click Work Offline.
- Click My Profile.
- Under Personal enter Workplace Phone or Workplace SIP URI.
- Click Make Verification Call to test.
The use of a hard phone requires a phone number, while the use of a softphone requires a SIP URI. Your administrator specifies this information when setting up your account and determines if you can change this information in your agent profile.
- The Workplace Phone, under My Profile, identifies the phone number you use to process contact center phone interactions.
- The Workplace SIP URI identifies your softphone. Based on the configuration of your account, you may be able to edit your phone number and the SIP URI.
Phone Number Format
Below are examples of phone number formats:
United States: 1-123-456-789
Non-US countries: +(Country Code) (phone number)