- 8x8 Contact Center
- Email settings
In Contact Center Configuration Manager the settings are the email address, the email account credentials, and email connection (POP3 or IMAP, etc.).
- Log in to Contact Center Configuration Manager.
- Select Channels > Email tab.
- Click Add new email channel.
- Channel Name: this is the name you want to be displayed in 8x8 Contact Center.
- Incoming Email Address: this is the email account you want Contact Center to retrieve the emails from.
- User ID: Username/user ID for the email account.
- Password: Password to get access to the email account.
- Retype Password: Password to get access to the email account.
- Incoming Mail Server: This is the email server for the email account.
- Protocol: This is the email protocol that the email server is using.
- Port: This is the port for the email server, it is automatically populated when you select the Protocol.
- Email Script: This is the Contact Center script you want the emails to follow.
- Click Test, a Success or Failed message will display.
- If successful: click Save.
- If failed: correct the cause of the failure, and test again.