When attempting to view or share content a Virtual Office Meeting on Virtual Office Desktop running on macOS Mojave (v 10.14), you see only a gray screen.
- Virtual Office Desktop v 5.8 or older
- Virtual Office Meetings "old" meeting experience
- macOS Mojave 10.14
Update Virtual Office Desktop and Turn On New Meeting Experience
This issue is resolved in Virtual Office Desktop v 5.9 and later using the New Meeting Experience.
- Update your Virtual Office Desktop application by doing either of the following:
- In the app, click Help > Check for updates, then follow the prompts to download and install.
- Click here to download the latest Virtual Office Desktop version for Mac.
- Open the app Settings.
- Toggle the switch for New Meeting Experience on.
Can't Update Yet?
If you are currently unable to update to Virtual Office Desktop v 5.9.0 or later, and you only need to view content sharing, you can join the meeting through the online platform.
- Go to https://meetings.8x8.com/.
- Enter your Meeting ID and your name.
- Click Join meeting.
This issue was a limitation of previous versions of Virtual Office Desktop and is resolved as of version 5.9.0.