In 8x8 Video Meetings, you can track participant connection strength and manage the quality of your inbound and outbound video to improve meeting performance, ensuring the best possible meeting experience.
- 8x8 Work Meeting.
1. To monitor participant connection strength:
If you notice that the quality of your (or another participant’s) video or microphone audio is poor, you can hover over the Connection icon on a participant's tile to view the strength of their connection to the meeting which could also be due to the local network issue.
- If the source of another participant's problem is clear, you can advise the participant accordingly.
- If you see that your own connection is experiencing a drop in strength, consider changing your meeting video quality to improve your meeting experience.
To manage your inbound and outbound meeting video quality:
Click the More actions icon to open a menu of advanced meeting controls and options.
- From the menu, click Manage video quality to open meeting quality controls.
- In the quality controls, select an video quality level from high, standard, or low, or audio-only to manage your meeting experience as needed. This affects the quality of inbound participant video that you see, and the quality of outbound video that participants see of you.
If any participant experience poor audio and video its indicate their network is not providing enough bandwidth to 8x8 Application what it required to run smoothly.