Meeting Room: Calendar Resource is grayed out when creating New Room
When creating a new room on Configuration Manager the Calendar Resource drop down is grayed out.
- Admin Console
- 8x8 Work
- Office 365
In order for applications to be able to access lists or resources and/or rooms, there is a specific configuration requirement for Office 365 and Exchange
- To create a Room or Resource you can use the Admin Web Interface for Office 365: click here
- Exchange users can add Resources to Distribution Lists but unfortunately, Office 365 does not give the option to do this via the Admin Web Interface. It is, however, possible via Power shell. You need to contact your Office 365 admin instance as detailed here: click here
- Once you have done that you can issue the Power shell commands required to create a Room List and add your Resource to it.
- Creating a Room list: click here
- To create a collection of rooms called "Meeting Rooms: issue the following Power shell command:
New-DistributionGroup -Name "Meeting Rooms: -RoomList
6. Adding an existing Resource to a Room List #: click here
7. For an existing Room named "Board room" and an existing Room List named "Meeting Rooms" issue the following Power shell command:
Add-DistributionGroupMember -Identity "Meeting Rooms" -Member "Board room"
8. After you have added your Resource to a Room List you should be able to see it appear in Admin Console Calendar Resource
Access limitation on Office 365
Instructions should be done by someone who has Admin access on their email and Power shell access to their Office 365