After updating your OS to macOS Catalina, you are unable to share your screen in Work for Desktop. Other meeting participants cannot see your screen sharing, and there are no warning prompts that screen sharing isn't working.
- macOS Catalina
- Work for Desktop
- 8x8 Meet
- In macOS, click the Apple icon in the menu bar.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- In the left menu, scroll down and select Screen Recording.
- In the list on the right, find 8x8 - Virtual Office, and select the enable check box.
- Restart Work for Desktop.
Apple has changed its permission model and now requires that users also provide permission to Screen Record so you can share your screen, in addition to camera and microphone access.
If you use 8x8 Meet while on macOS Catalina, it is recommended that you enable screen recording within Chrome as well.