To turn on Closed Captions or Transcription for your meeting, to turn audio into text.
Note: Closed Captions or Transcription must be enabled by the host for participants. If this is not turned on, it is not available for review or download after the meeting and participants will not be able to view during the meeting.
This feature is no longer available for users with the free 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone app.
- 8x8 Video Meetings
- Closed Captions (Transcription)
- Start a meeting, if you're not already in one.
- Click the CC button, in the bottom left of the screen.
- The CC button will be highlighted when turned on.
- You will then see the live transcription taking place, just above your microphone, hangup, and video buttons.
- Invited participants are able to locally turn this feature on or off, by clicking the CC button. This will not stop the Transcription of the meeting as a whole.
- Turning Closed Captions off mid-meeting will temporarily stop recording any transcriptions. Turning it back on will resume transcription.
To find out how to view and download your meeting transcription, click here.