To turn on Transcription (or captions) for your meeting, to turn audio into text.
Note: If you do not turn on Transcription during a meeting, it will not automatically be available for viewing or download afterwards.
This feature is no longer available for users with the free 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone app.
- 8x8 Video Meetings
- Start a meeting, if you're not already in one.
- Click the CC button, in the bottom left of the screen.
- The CC button will be highlighted when turned on.
- You will then see the live transcription taking place, just above your microphone, hangup, and video buttons.
- Invited participants are able to locally turn this feature on or off, by clicking the CC button. This will not stop the Transcription of the meeting as a whole.
- Turning Transcription off mid-meeting will temporarily stop recording any transcriptions. Turning it back on will resume transcription.
To find out how to view and download your meeting transcription, click here.