This article will show you how to use a Google Sheets spreadsheet to create an HTML webpage with phone numbers that the 8x8 Web Dialer Chrome extension can make clickable for outbound calling.
- Google Sheets
- Google Chrome
- 8x8 Web Dialer Chrome extension
- 8x8 Work for Desktop
In Google Sheets:
- Open or create a spreadsheet, and add your contact information.
- If there is a leading 0 or + in a phone number, you will need to prefix the number with a single quote character ( ' ) for Sheets to keep the leading 0 or to know the + is not start of a SUM operation.
- It's always advisable to use the standard E164 format for your phone numbers, which is the + symbol followed by the country code and phone number. Essentially enter the phone number as though you were going to dial it, but with a leading + symbol.
- Go to File.
- Click Publish to the web.
- Choose to publish either the Entire Document or just specific a Sheet.
- Choose whether to Link or Embed the sheet.
- Click Publish.
- You can then copy the Link for a standalone web page, or copy the Embed link to add to your own webpage.
- The published sheet will now contain phone numbers that are clickable when using the 8x8 Web Dialer extension.