This guide will show you how to host a meeting using the 8x8 Work for Slack integration.
- Before you begin, ensure that the Slack integration is installed.
- You should be logged into 8x8 Work Desktop for the meeting to launch.
- 8x8 Work for Slack Integration
On the channel for which you have enabled the 8x8 Work for Slack integration:
- Type /meet followed by the phone number of the person you want to invite to a meeting.
- Send the message, usually by pressing <Enter>.
- If prompted, click Login and enter your 8x8 user credentials.
- Note: Make sure that popup blocking is disabled for https://cloud8.8x8.com.
You'll see two browser tabs pop up:
- The first browser tab contains the 8x8 communication panel, which you can move and re-size as a separate window.
- This is where you need to use your 8x8 credentials to log into your phone extension.
- The second browser tab is a request for permission for the 8x8 communication panel to communicate with Slack.
- You must click Allow for the integration to work.
- Click Join meeting to begin your meeting in 8x8 Work Desktop.
- In the 8x8 Work Desktop application, you should see a popup request to click Start to begin your meeting.
- You may see a browser popup request to launch the meeting in 8x8 Work Desktop or in a web browser page.
- If your meeting has already launched, just close this browser tab. Otherwise simply click the appropriate option to begin your meeting.
The 8x8 online user guide has detailed installation and use instructions for the 8x8 Work for Slack integration: