When an agent attempts to disposition a call in the 8x8 Zendesk communication panel with the Select Status > Solve option selected, they receive an error stating Failed to create call log.
Virtual Office Integration, Zendesk, call disposition
This is generally a permissions issue with writing a call disposition to a ticket, where both of the following have occurred:
- One or more fields in Admin > Manage > Ticket Fields have been edited to enable the option: Required to solve a ticket.
- The agent chooses to Solve the issue from the comm panel.
This is especially true for new custom fields which do not (and therefore cannot) appear in the communication panel, and so the agent cannot make a selection for that specific field.
There are two solutions to this issue:
- In Zendesk Admin > Manage > Ticket Fields, edit any ticket fields that do not appear as drop-down selections in the 8x8 communication panel, and disable (un-check) the option: Required to solve a ticket.
- In this circumstance, the issue only occurs when the agent tries to mark the issue as Solved from the 8x8 communication panel.
- If the agent selects any other option than Solved in the Select Status dropdown of the 8x8 communication panel, the error will not occur, and the record will be written to the ticket
- Note that the agent would need to manually Solve the ticket after call disposition, if required.