The 8x8 Web Dialer is an easy way to initiate calls from 8x8 Virtual Office by clicking on a phone number on a web browser page.
Web Dialer highlights telephone numbers for you, turning them into clickable links. When a number is clicked, your call is dialed out through 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop.
- 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop
- Google Chrome Web Browser
- Navigate to the 8x8 Web Dialer extension page in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- At the prompt, click Add Extension.
- Once install is complete, refresh your open web pages to update any listed phone numbers.
Requirements and Restrictions
- Safari and Firefox web browsers no longer support the Web Dialer app.
- Not all web sites will allow the Web Dialer extension to highlight phone numbers. However, Web Dialer has an alternative "highlight and call" method for initiating calls. See this article for info:
- Use of Web Dialer is not recommended in Salesforce when you are also using the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration, as Web Diaier may interfere with Salesforce's native CTI click to dial functionality.
- When you click on a phone number, your phone system will call your 8x8 phone extension. You must answer that call to immediately complete the connection to the phone number you are trying to reach.