8x8 work Google G Suite Integration
The 8x8 Virtual Office for G Suite offers improved connectivity and communication with your contacts via Gmail and Google Calendar.
The online guide to installing and using the 8x8 Virtual Office Google G Suite Integration can be found at the link below. The Virtual Office communication panel appears in both GMail and in Google Calendar when installed.
- Virtual Office Google G Suite Integration User Guide
- Install the Chrome extension from the Google Chrome Web Store
The GSuite Integration works only with enterprise Google accounts. Personal Google accounts are not supported.
Please see the User Guide for more details on the limitations of the integration.
Requirements and Restrictions
- Integration with G Suite works only in Chrome. Other browsers are currently not supported.
- Integration with G Suite only works with enterprise Google accounts. Personal Google accounts are not supported.
- Outbound calls using the integration are two-legged calls. When initiating an outbound call from the integration, your 8x8 phone service will first call your logged-in phone extension. You must answer that call on your desk phone, or from the Virtual Office Desktop, or from Virtual Office Mobile app. Your call will then dial out to the desired destination.
- Chromebook users cannot install the Virtual Office desktop app, and therefore cannot use the integration.
- Real-time presence is limited to contacts from the Google directory. The presence status of contacts from the 8x8 contact directory is currently not supported.
Other Virtual Office User Guides
More Virtual Office product manuals can be found at the link below, including online manuals for other Virtual Office integrations: