HubSpot provides, among other things, a CRM application (customer relationship management).
8x8 provides phone integrations in HubSpot for both Work and VCC.
In addition to providing call controls, the integrations recognize calls to or from established Contacts in the CRM, and can store data from those calls into HubSpot service tickets.
Note: 8x8 integrations are not softphones, so they provide no audio services.
They are effectively call control panels, and are required to work in conjunction with 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop, Virtual Office Mobile, or a desk phone, depending on the integration type and needs of the user.
Requirements & Limitations
- At this time, the 8x8 VO and VCC integrations support only the Contact object recognition in HubSpot.
- Only Google Chrome supported.
- The Chrome plugin 8x8 Virtual Office for Integrations must be installed on individual computers.
- Disable popup blocking for Hubspot to allow the 8x8 comm panel to open.
- The integration appears only in a popout floating window.
- Users must be granted sufficient access rights to authenticate the 8x8 integration.