Do I need 8x8 Work for Desktop to install or use the 8x8 Work for Outlook meetings plugin?
The 8x8 Work for Outlook meetings plugin can be installed and used without the presence of 8x8 Work for Desktop.
- Using 8x8 Work for Desktop to attend online meetings is recommended for a full experience, but is not required.
- When you initiate a meeting from Microsoft Outlook, the default action is to use 8x8 Work for Desktop, if it is installed.
- If 8x8 Work for Desktop is not installed, your 8x8 meeting will automatically launch in a new web browser tab.
- If 8x8 Work for Desktop is installed but not running, you may be shown the option to Try again in desktop or Launch in web.
- Otherwise, the new meeting will automatically launch in a new web browser tab.