This guide will briefly show you the basic features and use of the Virtual Office for Outlook Click to Call Plugin.
- This plugin is for users of the Windows-installed PC version of Outlook. It will not work with cloud versions of Outlook.
- This plugin also requires that the user install and be logged into 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop version 6.
- Text-formatted emails are currently not supported.
Microsoft Outlook, Virtual Office for Outlook Click to Call Plugin, 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop version 6
There are three basic ways to initiate a call from Microsoft Outlook using this plugin.
Once you click to make your call, Virtual Office Desktop will respond according the settings you've applied to it.
Click on a phone number in an email
- Calls can be initiated by clicking on phone numbers in an opened email, or from the Outlook reading pane.
Call from the sender context menu in email
- Right-click on the email sender's name to open the context menu, and select Call with 8x8.
- This requires that the sender already be listed in your Contacts, and that a phone number is assigned in that contact.
Download the Plugin
Click the following link to open the download page for this plugin.