Microsoft Dynamics is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application, similar to Salesforce, NetSuite, or Bullhorn.
8x8 Work and 8x8 Contact Center users can integrate their phone service with Microsoft Dynamics. For more information, please follow the online help documents linked below.
- 8x8 Work
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Microsoft Dynamics
Requirements and Limitations
- The integration must be installed by a Microsoft 365 service administrator.
- The required licensing level for Microsoft Dynamics is Enterprise or higher.
- Using Google Chrome is recommended.
- Single Sign-On is currently not supported.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM on-premises installations are not supported.
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online integration can only be launched in a floating window.
- Automatic prompt for new object creation (Contact, Account) is not supported.
- Supported Microsoft Dynamics objects:
- Activity (used for auto call log generation purposes)
- Sandbox environment is supported. There is no specific configuration required for sandbox. However, according to Microsoft you must select Enable Dynamics 365 apps at the time of database provisioning, or you will receive an error when attempting to install applications such as the 8x8 integration. Please see this Microsoft article for details.
Microsoft Dynamics Professional licensing is currently not supported.
However, we are working on implementiing compatibility for this licensing level. At this time there is no ETA.
Last updated: 2021-06-16