Skype for Business is an enterprise communication application used with Skype for Business Server or with Skype for Business Online.
8x8 offers the Virtual Office Skype for Business Integration for Windows, which allows the user to:
- Initiate outbound calls from Skype for Business, using their 8x8 phone extension
- Manage inbound and outbound phone calls from the communication panel
- View the presence (call activity status) within Skype for Business of other Virtual Office users on the same 8x8 service
- Enable WebRTC functionality, which allows the user to make and receive calls through the PC, without the use of a desk phone or a softphone such as Virtual Office Desktop.
- Note: WebRTC functionality is currently limited to Configuration Manager platform Virtual Office extensions. Account Manager platform VO extensions are not supported at this time.
- The 8x8 integration is compatible only with Skype for Business. It is not designed for use with the standard Skype application.
- 8x8 Virtual Office service, on either Account Manager or Configuration Manager platforms
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or higher
- Skype for Business Online account, or Skype for Business Server account
- For WebRTC functionality, Configuration Manager Virtual Office extensions are required.