When making or receiving a phone call while logged into the 8x8 Virtual Office for NetSuite integration, the following error appears in the integration window:
- The NetSuite authorization token is no longer valid due to a change in user roles or inactivity. From a new NetSuite home page, re-open the 8x8 Virtual Office plugin.
Virtual Office for NetSuite Integration v2.2 and v3.1
This problem is most often caused by a combination of the following:
- NetSuite sets the security authorization token between NetSuite and all integrations to expire after 20 minutes of inactivity in NetSuite.
- The NetSuite user has not performed any action within NetSuite for at least 20 minutes.
NetSuite controls the security timeout variable, and there is no way within the NetSuite interface to force the expiration time beyond 20 minutes.
Use a Pinned Home Tab
This is the easiest and most reliable method for keeping NetSuite from timing out your 8x8 communication panel.
- As usual, launch the 8x8 communication panel from the 8x8 for NetSuite portlet on your NetSuite Home tab.
- Do not close or navigate away from the Home tab!
- Right-click on the same web browser tab you launched the comm panel from, and select Pin.
- This will make the Home tab smaller, and place it out of the way to the far left of your other browser tabs.
- Do not close or navigate away from Home on this tab.
- You can now open and use as many other NetSuite tabs as needed to perform your work.
- The portlet on the original Home tab will refresh every 100 seconds, which will keep the NetSuite-to-8x8 security token from expiring.