Salesforce users receive the following errors when attempting to disposition a call using the 8x8 Work for Salesforce v2.8 integration:
ERROR: Failed to create call log
ERROR: Error saving log Invalid save parameter
- 8x8 Work for Salesforce Integration v2.8
These errors can occur when the 8x8 Work for Salesforce Integration v2.8 is installed, and custom call logging has been enabled but is incorrectly configured.
This issue can be resolved in one of two ways:
Note: Salesforce administrator access is required when implementing the following solutions.
Disable Custom Call Logging
When custom call logging is disabled, calls will still be logged when dispositioned, but call data logged by the communication panel will not appear in separated, reportable fields.
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Call Centers and click Edit on the call center: 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation_Lightning.
- Scroll down to Other Options and enter false (lower case only) into the field: Call Log Custom Fields Enabled.
- Click Save.
- Users must log out of Salesforce and then log back in to fully enable the change.
- In the communication panel, each user must navigate to Menu > Settings > Call Outcome Source > Salesforce option and set this option to the OFF (gray) position. See below.
Note: This will force the use of Call Results, which is a built-in default configuration for call disposition. It is configured in the Salesforce call center, just above the Call Log Custom Fields Enabled field you adjusted in step 2 above.
Verify and Correct Custom Call Log Configuration
Navigate to the following articles for full Custom Call Log configuration instructions in Salesforce Classic or Lightning modes to verify and correct any mistakes in configuration:
- 8x8 Work for Salesforce Integration: Customize Call Logs in Classic Mode
- How to Customize Call Logs in Salesforce Lightning Mode