This guide will show you how to install the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration v3.1 from Salesforce Lgihtning. Note that the default installation allows agents to see the integration communication panel in both Classic and Lightning modes.
There are four primary steps in this process:
- Install the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce Integration Package
- Add Salesforce Users to the New Call Center
- Edit the New Call Center to Enable it for Virtual Office
- Configure the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar
Note: The 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration is not a softphone, and so it provides no audio services. It is effectively a control panel and is required to work in conjunction with 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop, Virtual Office Mobile, or a desk phone.
- 8x8 Virtual Office
Install the 8x8 Virtual Office 3.1 Integration Package
- First, log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- The integration can be installed from the Salesforce AppExchange. However, you can click the appropriate link below to immediately begin the installation process for your Production or Sandbox environments:
- Select Install for All Users and click Install.
- Note that if you choose Install for Admins Only, you may need to re-install the integration again later for non-administrator users.
- Users will only see the integration communication panel if they have been added to the 8x8 call center which is installed with the integration.
- Click Done to complete the package installation.
- Salesforce should automatically display the installed package. If not, click the Setup icon at the top-right and select Setup .
- Then search for and click Installed Packages.
- Verify that package 8x8integrations is installed, and proceed to the next step.
- Note that the Version Number will display 1.0.
Add Salesforce Users to the New Call Center
Your Salesforce users must be added to the 8x8 call center for them to see the integration communication panel.
- To begin, navigate to Setup > Call Centers and click on the name of the 8x8 Virtual Office Integration call center (do not click Edit).
- Scroll down (if needed) and click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- In Search for More Users, click Find to see a list of all available/unassigned users. You can also use filters to narrow your search as needed.
- Note that each user may be assigned in Salesforce to only one call center at a time.
- Select the users who will have access to the 8x8 Virtual Office integration, then click Add to Call Center.
- Your Salesforce users can now click on their Home tab to log into and use the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce Integration.
- Continue with the next section to make a critical change to the new call center.
Edit the New Call Center to Enable it for Virtual Office
By default the v3.1 integration for Salesforce is configured for Contact Center (VCC). Follow the steps below to configure it for Virtual Office, instead.
- First, navigate back to Setup > Call Centers.
- This time click Edit next to the name of the call center.
- Clear the CTI Adapter URL field of any text, and add the following URL instead:
- 8x8 SSO login disabled:
- 8x8 SSO login enabled:
- 8x8 SSO login disabled:
- Click Save to complete the change.
- Follow steps in the next section to complete the integration setup.
Instructions for configuring 8x8 Single Sign On for Virtual Office Salesforce integrations can be found here:
Configure the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar
This step is also performed by the Salesforce administrator, and adds a Phone button to the Lightning Utility Bar. This allows users to pop up and use the embedded 8x8 Virtual Office communication panel.
Please note: The 8x8 VO integration supports general Salesforce application such as Sales. The Sales Console for Lightning and the Service Console for Lightning are also supported, but must be purchased from Salesforce.
- In Salesforce Lightning at the top-right, click the Setup icon and select Setup .
- Search for and click App Manager.
- The 8x8 Virtual Office integration supports all of the following Salesforce Lightning applications. Repeat the configuration steps below to add it to the Utility Bar of these applications, as needed:
- Sales Console
- Service Console
- Click the drop-down arrow in the row of the Lightning app you're adding the 8x8 integration to, and select Edit.
- In the Lightning App Builder, click Utility Items.
- Click Add Utility Item and select Open CTI Softphone.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- At the top-right of the screen, click the Back button. This will return you to the Setup Home tab.
- At the top-left of the screen, click the App Launcher icon.
- Click to launch the Lightning app you've added the 8x8 Virtual Office integration to.
- When a user logs in to Salesforce, the Phone button should now appear in the Utility Bar at the bottom-left of the screen.
Note: If the Phone button does not appear for a user, verify that they've been added to the 8x8 call center, and refresh their browser tab for good measure. Clearing of the browser cache and cookies might also be needed.
- All users assigned in the 8x8 Virtual Office call center can now log in to their 8x8 extension:
- Click the Phone button to bring the 8x8 communication panel into view.
- Users should see an Allow Access? prompt the first time they click on Home or land on another Salesforce page where the integration is available. They must click Allow for the integration to work.
- Users can now log into the communication panel using their 8x8 Virtual Office credentials.
Further online documentation is available for installation, configuration, and use of the v3.1 integration:
While some parameters can be directly configured in the communication panel by agents, the v3.1 integration has no admin-customizable options.
However, if you require specific customizations of the integration, please contact your Sales representative to engage our Professional Services, who can determine feasibility and potential cost of any requested customization.