By default, a new Salesforce Case template is popped when agents receive calls to or from phone numbers that do not match supported objects in Salesforce.
Adding a suffix to the Salesforce call center CTI Adapter URL will force one of the following blank object templates to pop, instead of New Case:
- Both Work and Contact Center are supported.
- This feature is only compatible with the v3.1 (Maestro) integration for Salesforce.
- This feature is only compatible with Salesforce Lightning mode. Classic mode is not supported.
- The caller ID phone number will be automatically populated in the new object's Phone field.
- Maestro Integration v3.1 for Salesforce
- 8x8 Work
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Salesforce Lightning mode
To alter the No Matched Records template pop behavior:
- As a Salesforce admin, navigate to Setup (top-right gear icon).
- Search for and click on Call Centers.
- Edit the specific 8x8 call center you are changing.
- Note that call center names can be changed from default, as in the example below, and there might be more than one.
- Copy and paste one of the suffixes below into the existing, working CTI Adapter URL.
- Account: &shareableremix=sfaccount
- Contact: &shareableremix=sfcontact
- Lead: &shareableremix=sflead
- Opportunity: &shareableremix=sfopportunity
- Click Save.
The effect is immediate, but users should refresh their communication panel or Salesforce web page. If any issue occurs, users should log out of Salesforce and back in to correct the issue.