There are currently two versions of the 8x8 Virtual Office integration for Salesforce: version 2.8 (legacy) and version 3.1 (Maestro).
This article explains how docking and undocking the communication panel works for both versions, in both Salesforce Classic and Lightning modes.
Note: Undocking and re-docking are available only in Salesforce Lightning mode.
Also, the floating communication panel does not automatically move to the foreground when a call is made or received. This action must be performed by the user.
- 8x8 Virtual Office integration versions 2.8 (legacy) and 3.1 (Maestro)
- Salesforce Classic and Lightning modes
Requirements and Limitations in Salesforce
Integration undocking behaves differently between Salesforce Classic and Lightning modes.
|Salesforce Classic||Salesforce Lightning|
|8x8 Virtual Office Integration v2.8||v2.8 is permanently fixed in place, and cannot be undocked from the Salesforce Classic sidebar area.||v2.8 can be undocked (made to float) and re-docked in the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar.|
|8x8 Virtual Office Integration v3.1||v3.1 is permanently undocked, and cannot be docked in the Salesforce Classic sidebar area.||v3.1 can be undocked (made to float) and re-docked in the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar.|
Undocking and re-docking the Communication Panel in Salesforce Lightning is the same for both integrations v2.8 and v3.1:
To undock the communication panel:
- Click on the Phone button in the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar. In this example it's been renamed to 8x8 Phone.
- Click on the boxed and arrow icon to undock the comm panel. It may take a few seconds to reload.
To re-dock the floating communication panel:
- Click on the boxed and arrow icon to re-dock the comm panel.
- Click on the Phone button in the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar to view it, as needed.
Note: If you're viewing Salesforce at the time of a call and need to bring the floating 8x8 comm panel into view, just click the Phone icon in the Salesforce Utility bar.