When an user attempts to log in to an 8x8 Work integration using their 8x8 extension credentials, their communication panel session may terminate. This can happen immediately after logging in, or after a browser screen refresh.
In this situation, the user would be shown a list of extensions associated with their user profile after logging in. Selecting any of those extensions will lead to the user being logged out of the communication panel.
This issue and the resolution below apply to:
- Account Manager-based user profiles, only.
- Admin Console-based user profiles cannot be assigned multiple extensions.
- Account Manager Primary Admin credentials
- Users who have more than one 8x8 Work extension assigned to their 8x8 Work user profile in Account Manager.
- 8x8 Work for Salesforce integration v2.8
- All v3.x (Maestro) Work integrations
- Note that Maestro-based integrations will not display an extension selection window, and will just log the user in to an extension for a short time.
8x8 Work user profiles that are assigned to multiple extensions are not supported in any current 8x8 Work integration.
A separate, unique user profile must be created in Account Manager for each extension that will be accessed in any 8x8 Work integration.