When you are logged into the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration communication panel (the dialer), inbound and outbound calls do not generate a tab or window pop for the associated phone number.
Virtual Office for Salesforce Integration
The most common causes for not receiving a screen pop from the 8x8 Salesforce integration are:
- Web Browser Issues:
- Popups are disabled in the web browser.
- The web browser cache is corrupted.
- 8x8 Communication Panel Settings
- Call pops are incorrectly configured in the 8x8 communication panel.
- The supported Salesforce object has been disabled for search.
- Salesforce Issues
- The called or calling phone number is not associated with a supported Salesforce object.
- Person Accounts are not supported.
- Phone fields have been customized.
Web Browser Issues
The 8x8 Salesforce integration relies on window or tab pops, so browser popups must be enabled for call pops to work properly.
Please verify that popups are enabled/allowed in the web browser settings:
Your web browser's cache may possibly be corrupted with invalid information.
This can easily be fixed by performing one of the following:
- Clear the web browser cache, and restart the web browser.
- Restart the PC if possible, especially if all other resolutions fail.
As a test, try logging in to a different web browser, either on the same computer or on a different computer. This can help determine where the problem is if clearing the browser cache fails to resolve the issue.
8x8 Communication Panel Settings
Behavior Settings for the VO for Salesforce Integration 2.x
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Behavior.
- Ensure that Screen pop on inbound call is set to Ringing or Connected.
- Note: When enabled, the Pop a record during a call option allows screen pops for new calls while you are already connected to another call. If this option is disabled (gray), you'll still see additional call notifications in the comm panel, but no screen pop will occur unless you initiate them.
- Click Save and Close.
Salesforce Object Search Support
One or more supported Salesforce objects may have been disabled for search in the 8x8 communication panel.
If a phone number exists only in Salesforce objects (such as Contacts) that search has been disabled for, no screen pop will occur for that number.
Salesforce objects supported for search are:
To fix this:
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > CRM Objects to search
- Verify and/or enable (green) the Salesforce object types you want searched when calls are received or initiated.
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of Settings to enable any changes.
Phone Number Association
If the called or calling phone number is not associated with a supported Salesforce object, calls will typically display as Unknown in the communication panel, and there will be no tab or window pop.
Verify that the phone number involved is assigned to a standard, supported Salesforce object. It must be correctly listed in a phone number field.
Only the following Salesforce objects are supported:
Note: FAX phone fields are not supported by the integration in any Salesforce object.
It's possible that phone numbers in Salesforce are assigned to a Person Account. Person Accounts are a rare type of Salesforce object that have been converted from Contacts by Salesforce itself, at customer request.
Salesforce Person Accounts are not (and will not be) supported by the 8x8 Salesforce integration, and will not pop records on inbound or outbound phone calls.
If the Salesforce Phone fields in a supported object (such as Contacts) have been significantly customized, phone numbers for inbound and outbound calls could fail to be recognized by the 8x8 integration, and will not pop a tab or window.
Changes like this are made by a Salesforce administrator/developer, and cannot be resolved by an end user without Salesforce Administrator role access.
Note that simply re-naming the Phone field label does not normally break this function.