When setting up the 8x8 integration for Salesforce, you (the administrator) cannot find Salesforce users to add to the new call center.
- 8x8 Work
- 8x8 Contact Center
Salesforce users may be associated with another call center. Salesforce allows installation of multiple call centers, but a user may only be assigned to one call center at a time.
Move Users to the New Call Center
Because Salesforce allows a user to be assigned to only one call center at a time, you may need to move users from an old call center and add them to the 8x8 call center.
To do this, you must first remove users from one call center and then add them to another.
To move users
- Click Setup, then search for and click Call Centers.
- In the list of All Call Centers, locate any old call centers that may have users assigned to them. Click the name of a call center. Do not click Edit.
- Scroll down to the Call Center Users section. This will display the number of users assigned to the call center under Call Center Users by Profile.
- Click Manage Call Center Users to see the users assigned to that call center.
- Select any users in this call center that you wish to move to the 8x8 Virtual Office call center, and click Remove Users.
- Return to the All Call Centers page.
- Click the 8x8 Virtual Office Integration call center to which you are adding users.
- Scroll down and click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Click Find to display a list of all users available to be added to a call center, or use the filters to search for specific users.
- Select the users you're moving to the 8x8 call center and click Add to Call Center.
- The users you've moved can now click their Salesforce Home tab and see the login prompt for the 8x8 communication panel.
Note: If SSO is enabled in your 8x8 call center, then each user added to it must first log out of and back into Salesforce to see the communication panel.