Salesforce users must be added to the 8x8 Work for Salesforce integration call center to allow those users to see the 8x8 communication panel.
Note that users cannot be added to more than one call center at a time. If a user is already added to another call center, you must first either remove them from that call center, or delete that call center to make the user available.
The 8x8 Work for Salesforce Integration call center is automatically installed for both the v2.8 (Legacy) and v3.1 (Maestro) integrations.
- 8x8 Work for Salesforce integrations v2.8 (Legacy) and v3.1 (Maestro)
- Salesforce Classic and Lightning modes
Add Users to the 8x8 Salesforce Call Center
- First, log in to Salesforce as an administrator with access to call centers.
- Click Setup in the upper right corner of the Salesforce screen.
- In the Search field at the left, search for Call Centers, and click the Call Centers link that appears.
- Click 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation With Lightning. Do not click Edit.
- Scroll down to Call Center Users and click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Click Find to display a list of all available call center users.
- Select the users you wish to add, then click Add to Call Center.
- You will be returned to the Manage Users page, with added call center users displayed.
- All added users with an 8x8 Virtual Office user profile and sufficient Salesforce permissions can now click Home to log in and use the 8x8 Virtual Office communication panel.