Salesforce users must be added to the 8x8 Virtual Office integration call center in Salesforce for those users to see the communication panel.
Note that users cannot be added to more than one call center at a time. If a user is already added to another call center, you must first either remove them from that call center, or delete that call center to make the user available.
The 8x8 Virtual Office Integration call center is automatically installed with the v2.x integration:
If for some reason your call center is missing, you can re-import it using the instructions linked below:
This article applies specifically to the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration v2.8.
Add Users to the 8x8 Salesforce Call Center
- First, log in to Salesforce as an administrator with access to call centers.
- Click Setup in the upper right corner of the Salesforce screen.
- In the Search field at the left, search for Call Centers, and click the Call Centers link that appears.
- Click 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation With Lightning. Do not click Edit.
- Scroll down to Call Center Users and click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Click Find to display a list of all available call center users.
- Select the users you wish to add, then click Add to Call Center.
- You will be returned to the Manage Users page, with added call center users displayed.
- All added users with an 8x8 Virtual Office user profile and sufficient Salesforce permissions can now click Home to log in and use the 8x8 Virtual Office communication panel.
Re-Import the Latest Call Center
If your 8x8 Virtual Office call center is missing or has been deleted, follow the instructions below to re-import it.
- First, in Salesforce navigate to Setup > Installed Packages and confirm that the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration v2.8 is installed in your Salesforce org.
- If it is not installed, follow the linked installation instructions. This process will also install the appropriate call center for you.
- Right-click on the link below and select Save As or Save File As, and save the XML file to a known location:
- Navigate to Setup > Call Centers > All Call Centers, and click Import.
- Click Choose File, select the 8x8VirtualOfficeSalesforceIntegrationLightning.xml file you downloaded previously, and click Open.
- Click Import again to complete the call center import process.
- You'll be shown the configuration of the newly-imported call center 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation_Lightning.
- Click All Call Centers to see the call center list.
- You should now see the call center named 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation_Lightning.
- Once the call center is re-imported, follow the instructions at the top of this article to add your Salesforce users to it.