Recently 8x8 experienced an issue causing some customers to experience SIP registration errors between Voice for Teams and 8x8.
Symptoms of the issue include:
- Possible outbound call drops from Microsoft Teams.
- A red dot next to users in the Users tab of the 8x8 Voice for Teams Admin Portal, indicating "Proxy Authentication required" and possibly other Registration Status errors.
- 8x8 Voice for Teams
- Microsoft Teams
This issue has been resolved.
However customers who have experienced this issue must follow the steps below to complete the fix on their Voice for Teams service.
This must be done as soon as possible to avoid delays in service.
- From the Voice for Teams admin portal, click on the Users tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the Sync Now drop-down arrow at the top-right, and click on the PBX entry just below Teams.
- This will force a new sync of only your 8x8 PBX information to the Voice for Teams portal.
- Click on the Services tab.
- Click on the PBX tab and click Save.
The Sync Now button may now turn blue, indicating that a new sync should be performed.
- Finally, click on Sync Now - Changes Queued to perform a full 8x8 PBX and Microsoft Teams sync.
- Note that it can take up to 24 hours for Microsoft to fully implement synced changes in Microsoft Teams.
The cause of this issue is still under investigation.