Is user call status (presence) supported between 8x8 Work and Microsoft Teams?
- 8x8 Work
- Microsoft Teams
- 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams
As of June 2021, 8x8 provides an Azure application which enables presence status sync from Microsoft Teams to 8x8 Work applications.
Please see the following article for installation, requirements, and other information:
- Due to current limitations of the Microsoft Teams API, the 8x8 Presence Sync integration is a one-way process from Microsoft to your 8x8 applications.
- Users of Microsoft Teams will not see the call status change of users making and receiving calls in 8x8 Work, on the same 8x8 service.
- If the 8x8 Presence Sync integration is not installed and working, users of 8x8 Work will not see the call status change of users who make and receive their calls in Microsoft Teams.
- 8x8 Voice for Teams is not required for use of the 8x8 Presence Sync integration.
- For example, if you use 8x8 Work for your voice services, and you use Microsoft Teams only for meetings and conferences, the 8x8 Presence Sync will display presence status (in 8x8 Work apps) based on user activity in both 8x8 Work and Teams.