This article will show you how to determine (in bulk) which users currently have an 8x8 MS Teams license assigned/enabled in their 8x8 Admin Console user profile.
This article assumes that your 8x8 X Series service includes the 8x8 Voice for Teams product.
- 8x8 Voice for Teams
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Microsoft Teams
This is the most accurate method of determining 8x8 MS Teams license assignment.
Note: This process will generate a standard CSV file, which you'll need to open in a spreadsheet utility such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
- Log in to the 8x8 Admin Console.
- From Home, click on Users.
- Click on Generate users report at the far right of the page.
- Check Extension Voice dependent services.
- Check any other user information options you need to include in your user report.
- Click Generate.
When the report is compiled, you'll see a Report generated notification.
- Click Download.
Your CSV file should automatically download to the default download folder on your PC. The file name includes the date and time the file was generated.
- Open the file using your chosen spreadsheet utility.
Users with enabled 8x8 MS Teams licenses will appear in the User.Voice.DependentServices column of your spreadsheet with the label MS_TEAMS.
The procedure above is recommended for two reasons:
- Individual Users in the 8x8 Admin Console who currently have an enabled 8x8 MS Teams license display this in Home > Users > [Edit user] > Services and permissions.
- The Enable MS Teams integration switch will appear blue when the 8x8 MS Teams license is enabled for any specific user.
- This view is limited to one user at a time.
- Users with enabled 8x8 MS Teams licenses will appear in the 8x8 Voice for Teams admin portal.
- However, if there are sync issues in the portal, this view may not be 100% accurate.
- There is also the possibility that administrators of 8x8 Admin Console have not been granted access to the 8x8 Voice for Teams portal to view this information.