Use Otto, the 8x8 Support Virtual Assistant, to find walkthroughs and solutions, and connect to 8x8 Support from the 8x8 Admin Console portal.
Need help with more than 8x8 Admin Console? Otto is also available to all customers on the Knowledge Base (this site) and in the 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8), and provides help with all ALL products and services from those locations. Learn more here.
- X Series
- 8x8 Editions
- Admin Users
- 8x8 Admin Console
Get automated answers and walkthroughs
To get started with Otto, simply click the chat icon in the bottom right corner of any page. The chat window will open, and you have the option to either select from a list of our most common help topics, or simply enter a question for Otto to answer.
For the best results:
- Enter one specific question at a time.
- If trying to resolve an error message, enter the text of the message.
- Be specific about your query, but avoid entering account or user-specific info, such as a particular extension, phone, or case number, unless prompted.
Otto in 8x8 Admin Console is tailored to the 8x8 X Series administrator experience. For questions about topics not specific to administrative tasks and roles (e.g., about the 8x8 Work for Mobile application or the Contact Center Configuration Manager portal, etc.), please try using Otto on the Knowledge Base at https://support.8x8.com or in the 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8).
Connect with 8x8 Support
When Otto can't provide the answers you need, it can connect you directly with 8x8 Technical Support for further assistance.
Note: Otto will initially connect all users to our frontline technical team. Customers who have a designated 8x8 Support contact or who contract 8x8 services through a wholesale reseller are recommended to seek live assistance through their prescribed channels rather than proceed to contact 8x8 Support from Otto.
- When the Assistant asks if the answer provided was helpful, click No.
- When the Assistant asks if you'd like to contact someone in 8x8 Support, click Yes.
- When prompted, click on the option for how you'd like to connect with Support:
- Connect to Live Agent - You'll be connected with 8x8 Chat Support. When the chat queue is busy, it may take several minutes to complete the connection, so please leave your browser tab open while waiting to connect. A case will also be auto-created detailing your history with the Virtual Assistant.
- Get a Callback - When prompted, please enter your best callback phone number, making sure to enter only a phone number and no other special characters, words, or extensions. A case will be auto-created detailing your history with the Virtual Assistant, and 8x8 Support will reach out at the phone number you entered to provide more help within 2 hours. Callbacks cannot be scheduled for a specific time, but you can chat back in to adjust your callback number.
What happened to the Help Center and the 8x8 Admin Console User Guide?
All of the information previously available in the Help Center section of 8x8 Admin Console is now provided via Otto.
A link out to the full 8x8 Admin Console Web Help Guide is located at the top of the Otto chat window upon opening. You can also simply ask Otto for the user guide to be provided with a link.