This document describes the process and requirements for integrating Gong.io with 8x8 X Series accounts, allowing Gong.io to access customer call recordings and user data on the 8x8 platform.
This process must be performed by each customer wishing to implement this integration.
- The 8x8 SCIM and CSS APIs allow full read & write access to the underlying resources of the customer account. Access details for these resources should only be shared with trusted parties.
- Access to and use of 8x8 APIs is subject to the 8x8 API License Agreement available at: https://www.8x8.com/terms-and-conditions/api-license-agreement.
- 8x8 is not liable or responsible for any act or omission of customer or any of its third party providers (e.g., any accessing, modification, or deletion of data).
- 8x8 X Series accounts, only
Creating API Access credentials
The following procedures will be applied in 8x8 Admin Console as part of this process:
Obtaining 8x8 CSS API keys
IMPORTANT: The following process must be performed by an 8x8 Admin Console Super Admin (the primary/initially created user). More information about Admin Console roles can be found here.
- In 8x8 Admin Console, click on the top-left control menu and navigate to Roles & permissions > Assignments.
- Click + Create Assignment.
- Assign the following to yourself (the Super Admin):
- Role: Storage Api
- Scope: Storage Admin
- Click Save.
- Log out of Admin Console and log back in, or refresh your web browser for the new permissions to take effect.
- From the Admin Console Home or service menu at the top-left, click API Keys.
- Click Create app.
- In App Details, enter a Name for your application. The name cannot contain spaces or special characters.
- In API Products, select Call recordings and Storage.
- Click Save.
You will now see the application you created on your API Keys Dashboard.
- Click the eye icon at the far right to display your application's Key and Secret.
- And finally, safely and securely communicate the following API credentials to Gong:
- SCIM API: URL and Access Token
- CSS API: Key and Secret
Obtaining 8x8 API token for SCIM API
8x8 Admin Console provides separate processes for configuring Single Sign-On Integration (SSO) and User Provisioning Integration (SCIM). See the screenshot, below.
SCIM API will allow Gong to get a listing of basic 8x8 User profile information, as stored in the 8x8 Admin Console:
- First and Last Names
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Extension numbers
- Other User details
Single Sign-On Integration (SSO)
- This provides users the ability to sign into their 8x8 applications using their corporate IT credentials. It is not required to be enabled for the Gong.io integration. It also will have no bearing on the Gong.io integration if it is enabled.
User Provisioning Integration (SCIM)
- User provisioning integration uses SCIM 2.0 and allows you to automate employee onboarding & offboarding by having the users in your enterprise directory synchronized into Admin Console.
- SCIM API also provides create/edit/disable access. However: X Series license, phone number assignment, and user profile deletion are not accessible from the API.
To obtain the SCIM API URL and Access token:
- Log in to the 8x8 Admin Console as an administrator.
- Navigate to Home > Identity Management.
- In the User Provisioning Integration (SCIM), click the switch at the right to enable it (blue) , if it is not already enabled.
- Note that by design, Single Sign-On Integration (SSO) and User Provisioning Integration (SCIM) can be configured to implement different identity providers, if needed.
- Select the SCIM provider you are obtaining API information for:
- Microsoft Azure AD
- Other SCIM Provider: You must select this option if you do not use Azure or Okta, and you are enabling SCIM only for Gong integration.
- In the <provider> SCIM Provisioning section, individually click the Copy icon for each of the following, paste it into a text editor, and securely store the information:
- 8x8 URL: URL for SCIM API
- 8x8 API Token: Access Token
If some or all of your users were manually created in Admin Console, you must follow these steps:
- Click Advanced settings at the bottom to expand the section.
- In Users that can be retrieved by your identity provider, click the drop-down arrow and select All users.
- Click Save to complete the process.
Gong.io SCIM and CSS API Connect Form
Once you have the information obtained using the processes above, you can apply it to your Gong.io account configuration.