This document describes the process and requirements for integrating Gong.io with 8x8, allowing Gong.io to access customer call recordings and user data on the 8x8 platform.
This process must be performed by each customer wishing to implement this integration.
- The 8x8 SCIM and CSS APIs allow full read & write access to the underlying resources of the customer account. Access details for these resources should only be shared with trusted parties.
- Access to and use of 8x8 APIs is subject to the 8x8 API License Agreement available at: https://www.8x8.com/terms-and-conditions/api-license-agreement.
- 8x8 is not liable or responsible for any act or omission of customer or any of its third party providers (e.g., any accessing, modification, or deletion of data).
Creating API Access credentials
The following procedures will be applied in 8x8 Admin Console as part of this process:
Obtaining 8x8 API token for SCIM API
Calls to the 8x8 SCIM API must include an http Authentication header containing an access token.
Note: These steps assume that you have already configured 8x8 Identity Management with User Provisioning on your 8x8 service.
To obtain the SCIM API URL and Access token:
- Log in to the 8x8 Admin Console as an administrator.
- Navigate to Home > Identity Management.
- In the User Provisioning section at the bottom of the page, copy and securely store the URL and Access Token per the screenshot below:
- 8x8 URL: URL for SCIM API
- 8x8 API Token: Access Token
If all of your 8x8 users are already provisioned (created) via OKTA or Azure AD, skip to Obtaining 8x8 CSS API keys.
If all or some of your users were created manually, 8x8 must perform a required change to allow all users to be managed by the SCIM API. In this case:
- Submit a ticket to 8x8 Support with the following request:
- Subject: “Modify SCIM API to allow access to all users for Gong.io integration”
- Description: “Please make the above change as referenced in ticket C3462725”
- How to Create a Case with 8x8 Support
Obtaining 8x8 CSS API keys
IMPORTANT: The following process must be performed by an 8x8 Admin Console Super Admin (the primary/initially created user).
- In 8x8 Admin Console, click on the top-left control menu and navigate to Roles & permissions > Assignments.
- Click + Create Assignment.
- Assign the following to yourself (the Super Admin):
- Role: Storage Api
- Scope: Storage Admin
- Click Save.
- Log out of Admin Console and log back in, or refresh your web browser for the new permissions to take effect.
- From the Admin Console Home or service menu at the top-left, click API Keys.
- Click Create app.
- In App Details, enter a Name for your application. The name cannot contain spaces or special characters.
- In API Products, select Call recordings and Storage.
- Click Save.
You will now see the application you created on your API Keys Dashboard.
- Click the eye icon at the far right to display your application's Key and Secret.
- And finally, safely and securely communicate the following API credentials to Gong:
- SCIM API: URL and Access Token
- CSS API: Key and Secret
Gong.io SCIM and CSS API Connect Form
Once you have the information obtained using the process above, you can apply it to your Gong.io account configuration.
Revoking SCIM and CSS API Access
The instructions below apply only if you need to terminate the API connection you've created to Gong.io.
The 8x8 Admin Console Super Admin can revoke access to the SCIM and CSS API at any time.
Revoke SCIM API Access
Revoking SCIM API access in 8x8 Admin Console requires deletion of the entire Identity Management > Single Sign on (SSO) configuration. There is no other way to perform this operation.
- This will result in permanently deleting the 8x8 API Token under <Identity Provider> User Provisioning, which is used to allow the sync of users from the SSO provider to 8x8.
- This will prevent users from logging into 8x8 services with their external SSO provider credentials (Azure, Okta, etc), until the configuration is restored.
Note that this is only a concern for customers who are using 8x8 Identity Management for allowing user access to 8x8 applications.
This is not a concern for customers who are using SCIM API access only to obtain an 8x8 API token.
Deleting the 8x8 Identity Management configuration
To permanently delete the 8x8 Identity Management configuration:
- Navigate to Home > Identity Management in the 8x8 Admin Console.
- Copy all of the configuration details for later replacement, if needed.
- In the Identity Management section, un-check Single Sign on (SSO).
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Restoring the 8x8 Identity Management configuration
- Re-enable 8x8 Admin Console Identity Management > Single Sign on (SSO) for the SSO provider.
- Reconfigure all settings.
- Re-upload the identity provider's security certificate.
- Generate a new 8x8 API Token under <Identity Provider> User Provisioning,
- Click Save.
- Now switch to your identity provider's configuration (in Azure, Okta, etc), and update the old 8x8 API Token with the newly-created token.
- Re-apply the 8x8 URL in the identity provider's configuration, if needed.
Revoke CSS API Access
Super Admin login is required for deletion of the CSS API app in the 8x8 Admin Console.
- Log into Admin Console as the Super Admin.
- Navigate to the Home > API Keys Dashboard.
- Click anywhere in the row of the Call recordings & Storage API app.
- Click Delete at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Check the All data will be lost box in the Delete App? confirmation window.
- Finally, click Delete again to permanently delete the CSS API app credentials.