How to configure 8x8 Password Policy in Admin Console
Set up 8x8 Password Policy by setting rules on password length, formation, password duration and lockout duration.
- Password Policy
- Admin Console
To access and set up 8x8 Password Policy:
- Log into the 8x8 Admin Console.
- From the menu select Identity Management
- Under Password Policy, configure the desired settings.
- Password complexity requirement - Defines if a password must be set with a certain complexity. Must mix upper and lower case alpha and numeric May contain symbols (optional)
- Minimum length - Defines a minimum length for a password. Restricts agents from choosing a password less than the specified length (minimum of 8-25 characters)
- Password expires - Defines how long a password is alive. After the specified duration, the password expires and needs to be changed. (If disabled, passwords do not expire)
Enforce Password History - Defines the number of previous passwords (or no passwords) to be remembered by the system. It prevents users from using the previous passwords when creating a new one. (if disabled, no passwords are remembered)
Invalid login attempts - Defines the maximum invalid login attempts before the system locks users out. (If disabled, invalid login attempts will not lock the user out)
Lockout duration - Defines the lockout duration before a user is allowed to try to login again. (1-60 minutes)
Note: administrators can unlock users by resetting their password.