Assign roles to a user in 8x8 Admin Console using role-based access control (RBAC).
Need to create or manage user roles? Click here.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Role-based Access Control
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Menu (three horizontal lines top left of the page) > Roles & permissions.
- Click Assignments > +Create assignment.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Assign to
Multiple roles and scopes can be associate with an assignment.
- Click Save.
The new assignment will be listed under the Assignments page.
Out of the Box 8x8 Admin Console Roles
The roles below are available for assignment by default in your administrative console.
- Company Admin: Full access to 8x8 Admin Console including users, workgroups, and beyond. Does not include access to the 8x8 Contact Center Configuration Manager application.
- IT Admin: Access to users and workgroups in 8x8 Admin Console. Admins with this role can create and manage users and their work group permissions.
- VCC Admin: Access to the Contact Center Configuration Manager application to configure Contact Center settings only. Does not include access to the 8x8 Admin Console application or the ability to add users or assign licenses.
Note: The VCC Admin role is only available to customers whose service package includes 8x8 Contact Center.
- My8x8 Admin: Access to 8x8 Billing and Orders (as well as Support case submission privileges) in the 8x8 Support Portal (My 8x8).