Enabling voicemail transcription for your company or organization in 8x8 Admin Console.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Voicemail Transcript
- X Series
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- From the top left menu, go to Profile Policies.
- To the right of the 8x8 Master User Template, click Edit (pencil icon).
Note: These steps may be repeated for any other configured profile policy you have.
- Scroll down to the Disable Voicemail Transcription section.
- Click the toggle to gray to enable voicemail transcription.
- Click Save.
- Confirm users' Voicemail Notification settings are set to Notification only.
Note: It may take up to 30 minutes before transcriptions begin to be generated for incoming voicemails.
- The Voicemail Transcription feature transcribes a user's voicemails to readable text that is sent to the user's email.
- The language used for the transcription depends on the language set on the user's extension.
- Only messages longer than five seconds are transcribed.
- It may take up to five minutes for the email to be received following the end of the voicemail recording.
- This feature is not currently available for Ring Group or Call Queue voicemail. Extensions only.
- This feature is currently enabled company-wide, and not on a per-user basis.